Saturday, January 31, 2009

The power of prayer -- And Gods Timing

It is amazing how prayer works in ways one would never imagine. Over the past 24 hours, people have been praying in one hour time slots for Crosswinds church and the families of the launch team. It didn't occur to me until, just before our time slot at 10pm tonight, that people had been praying for us all day long. I didn't correlate the amazing things that had fallen into place throughout the day today with their prayers until just now. Prayer is so powerful and amazing, and I felt so close to God as Nelson and I spent a full hour with him tonight. And it is my hope that as people have prayed for these 24 hours, that the same types of amazing miracles will be taking place for the Crosswinds Church, the launch team, and the community of Leland. This church is really something bigger than anyone of us could ever imagine. God has some BIG plans to unveil, and I can't believe that our humble family has been chosen to take part in something so awesome. I cannot wait to begin work in the Leland community for his will and his kingdom. If I can ask for a prayer from any of you at this time, it will be that many lives are saved because of the works of this church and that God will move mountains in the Leland community!

God is a God of perfect timing. I have many times referenced to him as being my 11th hour God, because he always seems to come through at the last minute. As I sat in silent prayer tonight, it occurred to me that God has no 11th hour. He does not come through last minute! He comes to our aid in his timing... In his PERFECT timing! It is his will and our faithfulness that collide at the exact moment when he desires. And we have to be patient and obedient, resting assured that God knows what he is doing. In the book of Exodus (2:23-25), "Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites continued to groan under their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their cry rose up to God. God heard their groaning, and he rememberd his covenant promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He looked down on the people of Israel and knew it was time to act." God had promised to bring the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt and the people waited for a long time, but God waited and rescued them in his own timing, the right timing. God knows when the best time is to act! When you feel that God has forgotten you in your troubles, remember that God has a time schedule we can't see. It is this passage, that has kept me faithful, even when I don't know how or when things will fall into place. I know that God will provide for our needs, in his PEFECT timing. And he WILL provide for the needs of this church in his PERFECT timing. All we need to do is ask, for he will hear. And he WILL answer our prayers, be of his will -- and in his timing.

In his awesome grip,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment