Monday, July 23, 2012

CRAFTY FUN for the kitchen

What do you know... I'm posting again! I spent this past weekend shopping and creating with one of my besties from North Carolina, Sarah. She is amazing... and super crafty. You can find her jewelry at www.Lewsjewelry.biz . We created some artwork and an island for my kitchen! She took home a bunch of pieces to make her own creations, that I can't wait to see!
This is a cabinet door, and some sort of long barnboard looking piece of wood from the Ikea parts and pieces section! I added Ikea $2 frames to one side with velcro, so I can put pictures in them (we are having some shots done this weekend! www.jennifergrogg.com Shout out to Jenny!). Then I found some clearance vinyl art at Michaels - and Viola! The board above, I just hung some pre-painted art I found for a couple dollars at Michael's as well!
For the island, we found a broken cabinet at Ikea, with no doors or top. We added some shelves, some legs we found at Lowe's for a few bucks, and the top is another piece from Ikea that seemed to match well enough! Screwed it all together and I have an island!
It was an amazingly fun weekend. I'm so glad she made such a long trip just to visit me. And, I have all these wonderful things to remember the weekend from!

No comments:

Post a Comment